du 1 au 6 décémbre 2016
@ Kamov Residency
@ RKD Cultural Center
du 22 au 26 juin 2017
du 12 au 16 octobre 2017
du 18 au 21 octobre 2018
Instituto de Artes
@ Galway, Irlande
@ Rijeka, Croatie
@ Targo-Mures, Roumanie
MAKE A MOVE
An Art incubator for contemporary European non-institutionalised and independent theatre
The incubator is aimed for all independent theatre makers, be it individual artists or collectives (companies), in the field of contemporary movement-based theatre practices (such as physical theatre, mime, improvisational theatre and other forms with a strong relation to the body and movement). We are using the terms “non-institutionalised” or “independent” theatre to refer to practices that take place outside and beyond established institutions or repertory theatres. However, we are aware that this realm of theatre can only be adequately understood and precisely named in the context of each individual European country or region.
The ‘Make a Move’ project objective is to contribute to the revitalization of European theatre by mobilizing the unutilized creative and innovative potential of non-institutionalised and independent theatre practices, such as physical theatre, corporeal mime and improvisational theatre.
The strategy to achieve this is to develop and test an innovative incubating environment in which non-institutionalised and independent theatre practitioners will have the opportunity to develop their artistic and professional skills and grow their production proposals from the stage of creative ideas to different stages of production and promotion. The project will identify at least 5 new cooperation opportunities and initiate applications to sources of funding.
- Mid-career theatre makers with at least 10 years of professional work, be it individual artists, collectives or companies
- Artists from the field of movement-based theatre practices and/or with a strong relation to the body and movement in their artistic practice
- Artists who are European residents, working freelance and/or in collectives (companies), based/registered in Europe
- Collectives (companies) with eligibility for funding in their country of residence is a requirement
- Very good written and spoken English skills
- An interest in being a part of transnational collaboration and co-creation process
- An interest in building capacities in the areas of cultural business and audience development
- A commitment to networking and further developing international cooperation projects
- A commitment to bringing artistic questions, interests or concerns and developing them further inside of the incubator
- An interest in sharing and showing work within the context of the European Capitals of Culture 2020 (Rijeka and Galway)
- Working in an international context
- Improving professional skills
- Peer learning, education and training
- Improving career opportunities to work internationally
- Accessing new markets, creating network possibilities, building partnerships and contacts
- Reaching new and wider audiences
Programme and Calendar
There will be three thematically defined Labs as part of the whole Incubator in three cities:
“Digital Practices” in Galway, Ireland (25/04/2019 – 04/05/2019)
“Site-specific theatre and audience outreach” in Rijeka, Croatia (10/09/2019 – 19/09/2019)
“Inside Out - Positioning non-institutionalised theatre practices in a critical journalistic and business context” in Targu-Mures, Romania (09/12/2019 – 18/12/2019)
The dates exclude traveling days.
Terms and Conditions
- The artist or collective will be paid 4.320,00 Euros for participating in all the three Labs.
- All expenses are paid including travel, accommodation and subsistence (or per diem).
- If an individual artist applies, they must attend all the three Labs of the incubator during 2019, in Galway (Ireland), Rijeka (Croatia) and Targu-Mures (Romania).
- If a collective of artists or a company applies, they have an option sending only one artist per Lab (2-3 artists in total for the whole Incubator).
- During each Lab, an artist will have the opportunity to collaborate and co-create with nine (9) other artists in residence and occasionally with some local or regional artists.
- At each Lab the co-creation activity will culminate in a work-in-progress showings. These will be public events held in different locations in each Art Incubator city, in which participating Make a Move artists will stage performances and interact with the local audience to receive feedback on the work that the artists will be developing in the Labs.
- Art Incubator participants will blog about their experience and the artists’ blogs will be available on the project website. The blogs will be part of a reflective process that will allow other external artists and cultural managers to understand the evolution of the artists' practices through the Labs and the co-creation laboratories, and will include photos, videos, etc.
- Art Incubator participants will be supported in identifying and elaborating new cooperation project ideas.
TO APPLY AND LEAR MORE GO TO
Projet soutenu par Europe Creative et Rijeka 2020 LLC